Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cherish Every Minute

This is the first time I've ever been out of the country, so everything felt more fun than if this was my second time. The plane was fun (and, as expected, the food on the plane was terrible). I also learned a lot of stuff on this trip. It might help me with my world history later in my educational career. I got to take tours of York, the Minster, London, Jorvik, Tower of London, Windsor Castle, and Castle Howard. My family has never been out of the country. So it was awesome being the first three to go out of the country. Also, I learned to cherish every minute of your life, because it doesn't last forever. England was really fun, but I'm just glad to be back in the land of the free and the home of the brave. My dad and brother really had fun because they probably cherished the time in England. They might not be able to go back to England. The cathedrals we sang in, I can't put that experience in words. It was just so fun. The history of it goes back to the Romans. Kings and queens maybe sat in those cathedrals. We didn't get to perform for the Queen, but I can only imagine if we did. This choir is one of the few boys choirs in the United States and has opened up a lot of opportunities for me, and probably for the whole choir. At my age, going to England would be like a desire, instead of something that could actually happen. So thank you to all the people that made this trip possible.


Virgil Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment