Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reflections from our Choristers

Today and throughout the tour, I have noticed how much I have connected to God. I reached God through the people in teh congregation adn my fellow choristers. When the choir was in Ely, I saw that in each service more people showed up to hear us sing. I feel that Mr. Balling helped bring our American choir to the UK, and impacted the people and gave a good reputation to our church, our choir and our country.
-Zach Jones

Although walking through the streets of England and Scotland was a fun part of the tour; my personal favorite part was singing in Ely Cathedral. We are so blessed to have been able to sing in such a big an dbeautiful space like Ely. I loved seeing the faces of the people who were moved and touched by our music. One thing I will take away from this tour is that even if we don't realize it, we affect people every day with our music.
-Madi Fogarty

This tour has been a great experience. I feel closer to God and the people in the choir. The cathedrals were amazing. It was interesting learning about the history of the churches.
- Tyler Jackson

This trip to England and Scotland marks my final European tour as an official member of the  CCC Girls Choir, and I could not have asked for a better time. The places we have seen, the friends we have made, and the beautiful music we have shared come together to form some of my most cherished memories. These past two weeks have been a blast, and I am sorry to see it end. Thank your to everyone for their prayers and support!
-Caroline Balling

My second trip to England, and first to Scotland was a wonderful experience. The time we spent in Lincoln in 2009 was fun, but I don't think I understood the meaning of what we were doing. This time around in Ely & Edinburgh, I believe that I have connected with others and with God in more ways than I ever have. This time, also, I was singing all of our repertoire in a new part, so I had a chance to really appreciate the music and in turn, connect with my fellow choir members and God. Mealtimes were another time that brought us together on this trip. It was a time where we could just sit and talk with new people about their experiences on the trip.
-Connor Dellarosa
p.s. Haggis is delicious!!

 A sI look back on the past week and a half, I realize how our actions have affected others. The first time we sang in Ely Cathedral and people stopped to listen, I thought "cool". Then I really thought about how our music was possibly changing their lives. The other choristers started thinkgin of this as well and soon singing was no longer just fun, but a responsiblity to God adn the people who don't know him yet. As we were doing this, we were growing more into a collective group of people working together to have fun while changing peoples lives forever. I am so proud to be a member of this choir family and really excited to sing more in the future. God has truly touched the lives of everyone on this tour and we have been given a gift to do the same to others.
-Abbie Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment