Saturday, July 22, 2017

At the Close of Day by Ben Gillig

At the Close of Day

"My Soul doth magnify the lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in god my savior"

As we approach the last day of our residency at Exeter, I feel that this trip will last us for a lifetime. The trebles have showed true courage over the past few days unlike any other choir and trip I have participated in. I have never felt so connected with these people in all aspects of the choir.

When we finish our last two services, I feel as though the only way I can describe this week is with the song of Simeon.
"Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace according to thy word.
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
To be a light to lighten the Gentiles and to be the glory of thy people Israel."

Lastly I would like to thank everyone who has said thanks to the choir all the way to the Ballings planing this amazing experience.

- Ben Gillig

No comments:

Post a Comment